Saturday, August 16, 2008

Things You Forget About

I've been able to wash my face and head three times now and I think I finally have all the gunk out. But now I remember some of the things the plastic surgeon warned me about.

I just shaved and it was weird because I can't feel certain parts of my face. It's like taking a razor to your leather purse and shaving that. Has the same feel.

And another thing he warned me about was that my beard will now be up next to my ear opening and also behind! Let me tell you how weird that feels. Yeow. Now he recommended that after my swelling settles down that I have laser hair removal done in those spots, and I'm definitely going to take him up on it. Surprise, surprise he has a laser clinic and spa, go figure.

I'm now off of the pain medicine and if I need anything I'll take a Tylenol. The swelling is the worst part. When I smile my cheeks feel stiff and it hurts. I've been avoiding comedy on the TV while recuperating, because the few times something funny has come on it literally hurts when I laugh!

Here's a picture I took today, still swollen and I didn't want to goof with any makeup so sorry for the beard shadow.

Photobucket

Please no "Battered Wife" jokes, I don't find that funny. The only time you should raise your hand is when you have a question or in self defense. But I still look like a mess.

It's now a waiting game, and I've got the time, so things are starting to look better!

Hugs and Kisses, Tracy

No comments: