Tuesday, March 4, 2008

On a Serious Note... The Surprise Letter

An issue has crossed my mind and it has become more poignant since a recent passing of a close relative. What would go through someones mind if they were to find my female attire and did not know I was a crossdresser? How can I fill them in, so to speak, and not make matters worse?

I posed this question on the message boards at www.crossdressers.com. And after talking to the wonderful girls there, I have decided that a letter left in each storage area, (closet, box, trunk, etc.) should have the same letter explaining briefly what they see before them. I have interjected some humor into it because that is my nature and I wanted them to know that this is not a dire situation. I will probably add things to it as I refine the letter, but I wanted to get something out sooner than later.

So, here is my first attempt at my "Surprise Letter":


If you have found this letter, either:

1. I have died, or
2. You are looking somewhere where you shouldn't be. (please put this letter away now and beg for my forgiveness)

If I have died and you knew I was a crossdresser, congratulations! This means I trusted you, and you understood and loved me no matter who or what I was.

Now, if you didn't know, either I:

1. Don't know you
2. Was afraid of what you might have thought and how you might react, or
3. Was protecting you because you were too young to fully understand

First of all, this is not a dire situation. I would have preferred to tell everyone from the rooftop. But still, in this day and age, there is still a stigma attached to crossdressing.

If this is all new to you, some background may be in order. For those of you that this is old news, maybe just a review.

I was a crossdresser from a very young age of 9 or 10. I loved girl clothes and wanted to dress like a girl long before puberty. Over the years I've dressed in women's clothes and have been out in public dressed. There was a female component to my personality that needed an outlet. I have displayed pictures of myself on-line, but used an assumed name of Tracy Schapes. You may find numerous pictures of myself dressed as female either on my computer or other storage mediums. This was a way for me to critique myself about being a more passable girl. This is a very common goal for crossdressers. I was not gay. Not that I thought that would be bad, I just wasn't wired that way. Nor did I want to have a sex change. I enjoyed the duality of the situation.

I could go on, but if this is all new to you and I'm not answering the questions you may have, may I suggest you join a website like www.crossdressers.com. This is a great community of crossdressers; and loved ones and friends that support them. I'm sure you can talk and ask them any questions and they will be able to tell you more. You may also read my posts on crossdressers.com to maybe understand my feelings at the time. Just do a find a TSchapes.

For what to do with all these clothes, wigs and my salute to Imelda Marcos shoe collecting. May I suggest a cancer center for the wigs and everything else to the Salvation Army. There is no reason now to worry about my reputation and anybody seeing this stuff. It might as well be used for a good cause.

If I shared this side with you while I was alive, bless you. If not, I wish I could have, we would have had a wonderful time.

Love, xxxxxxx (Tracy Schapes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....that almost brought me to tears!